The Langley Covered Bridge, located 4 miles north of Centreville, is the longest remaining wooden covered bridge in the State of Michigan. It is named for Thomas W. Langley and family, pioneers who helped establish the Village of Centreville in the mid 1880s. The bridge was constructed in 1887 by nearby Parkville builder Pierce Bodmer. In 1910, when the Sturgis Dam was built downstream, the bridge was raised eight feet. On August 31, 1965 the bridge was designated as a Michigan State Historic Site.
Langley Covered Bridge Admin 2016-11-30T14:49:40+00:00